Scoil Phádraig continues to support our pupils by helping them to develop healthy eating habits.
What people eat is known to be a key factor influencing health. Research indicates a strong link between diet, health and performance. For example; a low sugar intake promotes concentration, lessens hyperactivity, protects teeth, and lessens the risk of diabetes. A low salt intake reduces the risk of heart disease in later life
Healthy Lunch Suggestions:
We encourage children to choose from the following foods regularly:
- Wholegrain Bread/Scones
- Pitta Bread
- Raw vegetables
- Cheese, lean meat, eggs, fish, salad
- Peanut Butter (please check with class teacher about allergies)
- Pure fruit juice (check ingredients)
- Yoghurt Drinks ( check ingredients)
- Fresh fruit
- For more information and a handy leaflet with lunch box ideas check out the SAFE FOOD WEBSITE
We are delighted to be participating in the Food Dudes Programme again this year. It will run in our school for the month of October.
Food Dudes is an award winning curriculum-linked evidence-based healthy eating programme, developed to encourage children to eat more fresh fruit and vegetables. It is based on repeated tastings of fresh fruit and vegetables which are delivered to the school each day.
For further information click on the Food Dudes Logo above.